I am going to try a 30 day writing challenge. I am hoping to get some others I know to try too. Mostly though I am doing this for me, so that I can develop some consistent writing habits and not run into writer’s block.
Day 1 – List 10 things that make you really happy.
- The beach – I really love spending time at the beach, there is simply no place more beautiful and relaxing.
- My grandbabies – Their faces, their laughter, their funny stories – ahh, they fill my heart with joy.
- A Georgia Peach Margarita from Buffalo’s Café – This drink is like heaven in a glass. It is so smooth and peachy with a little sugar on the rim, pure perfection.
- Going to the movies with my girls – We have so much fun when we go out together. We laugh and act silly like little girls. The last movie we saw was Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, and it was amazing. It’s always an added bonus when my mom can come with us!
- Summer – Shorts, flip-flops, lightning bugs, sprinklers, late-nights, cook-outs, vacations, warm weather, sunshine, swimming…need I say more?
- Cheesecake – For me there is no dessert quite as satisfying as cheesecake.
- Completing a project – I love that feeling when I am finally done with something I’ve been working on and I’m happy with the result. I get a real sense of pride and accomplishment that is rarely matched by anything else.
- Time spent with a group – I enjoy a group dynamic where we can play games together or have discussions about random things. I love getting to know what makes others tick. When people let their guard down in a group setting; playing games, answering questons, or making an argument about something, you can often see straight into the soul of who they are deep down on the inside. I love that.
- Video games – I am not all that great at some games, but I love them anyway. Whether it’s Tomb Raider, Gears of War, Halo, Call of Duty, or Farmville, I love gaming. Solving puzzles in 100 Floors or being scared to death sitting in Five Nights at Freddy’s or just blowing crap up in Goat Simulator, playing video games makes me happy.
- Traveling – If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go everywhere. I’ve been to Africa, India, Mexico, Canada, and several island countries in the Caribbean. I’m planning to visit Israel in the fall.
Well that is my list. It is not in any particular order and it is by no means conclusive. I hope you enjoyed learning about what makes me happy, tell me something that makes you really happy.
Update: Ashley over at Screw Rubies is doing the writing challenge with me, so be sure to check her blog out too. She has the whole challenge list posted.
4 thoughts on “Writing Challenge Day 1”
I love this! I’m going to have a hard time choosing things that are different than yours
Your blog is different so I don’t think it will be a big deal if some or even most are the same! Go for it.
Excellent idea. How did you come up with the idea?
LikeLiked by 1 person
I saw another blog that did this so I went to Pinterest for writing challenges and hit the jackpot. Ashley at Screw Rubies has the full list posted, that we are using, on her blog.
LikeLiked by 2 people