Writing Challenge Day 17 and 18
What is your Zodiac sign and does it fit? & Name 30 random facts about yourself.
Crab at Sunset – Photo from Pixabay.com
- I am a Cancer, the Crab. Yeah it fits me pretty well, but I am not a big follower of all things Zodiac. I will say that I believe that the day, time of year and stars in the sky may very well speak to who a person is simply because they and we are part of the same creation and cycles. #imcrabby
- I am currently 46 years old.
- I have 4 grandchildren: Babyman, Dr. Evil, Miss Crazy Pants and The Prom King.
- I know how to sew, but it is not something I really love to do.
- I would prefer to deal with teenagers over toddlers all day, every day.
- Cheesecake is my favorite dessert.
- Mr Pibb is my soda of choice.
- If I’m drinking alcohol it is probably a margarita.
- I just got my first tattoo a few months ago.
- I do not eat seafood. It’s mostly a texture thing, but the taste is just as good a reason.
- I was born and live in the US.
- I hate country music even though I am from the south.
- I love to travel. I have been to Canada, Mexico, Zambia, South Africa, Nagaland, India, Swaziland, St Maarten, Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, St Thomas. #traveltheworld
- I am an awful self-motivator. I usually need a deadline to get stuff done. I’m pretty sure you’d call me lazy.
- I hate talking on the phone.
- I co-lead a home ministry group. In the past I was part of more traditional churches in many capacities such as a youth pastor, Sunday school teacher, nursery worker, singer in choir/praise team, and member of worship dance team.
- I rarely feel like I fit in anywhere.
- I love Star Wars (all of it). The Notebook is overrated. I know all of the words to Grease. The Hunger Games books were better than the movies, but I still own them all.
- I have a sick and twisted sense of humor. I will laugh if you fall down, and I often giggle at the inappropriate. The last movie I saw was Bad Mom and it was freaking hilarious.
- I have a nice collection of female Funko Pop Figures: 3 Leia, Rey, Wonder Woman, 2 Katniss, Michonne, and Daenerys. I have a few men as well: Neo, Rick, Daryl, Tyrion, and a tiny Jon Snow. #starwars #wonderwoman #thewalkingdead #gameofthrones #thematrix #thehungergames
- I like to read fiction novels.
- I love my Kindle Paperwhite. It is thin, holds lots of books in a tiny space, has a backlight for night reading and it always saves my place! I can live without the book smell! #ilovemyereader
- Avocado makes me gag. #leaveofftheguacamole
- I love the beach. I love the water. I love the feeling of the sun on my face. If I could live anywhere, it would be on a coastline!
- As I type I am binge-watching Roadies on ShowtimeAnytime.
- I love a good medium rare steak.
- I own an Xbox One and recently started playing Fallout 4 (my first Fallout game). I also like Tomb Raider and Just Dance is fun to play with my grandkids (or alone lol).
- I will cover up with a blanket while watching TV even if it’s hot. I have to cover up to sleep also.
- I do not sleep with a fan because I don’t like the wind on my face.
- The thing I miss most about being young is going roller-skating all of the time, oh yeah and not being fat, old, and sore. Haha
Well there you have it, 30 random things about me. It is quite a challenge to list oneself in this way, but I hope you enjoyed what you learned.
Writing Challenge Day 16 – Something that you miss
Babyman and His New Room
A few weeks ago Pocahontas and her family moved about 5 hours away. She’s always lived within a hour and we rarely go a week without seeing each other. I am very close to my daughter and being separated from her is not easy.
I have also seen my grand-boys (Babyman and Dr. Evil) on a weekly basis up until the move. I just don’t like missing time with them that I and they are used to having regularly. Dr. Evil is an infant and so I am missing some firsts/key moments in his life especially. Most days I do pretty well, but the last week has been difficult. I love all of my grandchildren dearly and being apart from any of them breaks my heart a little. We talk on the phone and via Messenger Video. I am technically not missing that much due to technology, but I cannot touch, smell, kiss, tickle, or hug them and that is rough.
I get to see them this weekend and I cannot wait!
To all of you grandparents who live a significant distance from your kids/grandkids my heart goes out to you, I think about you and pray for you. Relationships are precious; value them and treat them with great care!
Writing Challenge Day 15 – Bullet point your whole day.
My schedule has not been very interesting in the last few years and I would be sort of embarrassed to have bullet pointed any given day. See I had been a stay at home mom until a couple of years ago when the girls both got married and I became an empty-nester (which sucks, btw).
I also became a hormonal emotional or maybe emotionless blob Continue reading
Writing Challenge Day 13 – What are you excited about?
I have a couple of traveling adventures lined up and that excites me. I am scheduled to go to Israel in the fall. I have never been but have always wanted to go. When I was 15 I was supposed to go but plans fell through because of some selfish people. Since then I have said that if an opportunity ever opened up to me for traveling to Israel I was going and one finally did. I have seriously considered just booking a ticket and going by myself, but now I do not have to do that.
Pocahontas is moving to the Georgia coast. Continue reading
Writing Challenge Day 12 – Write about 5 blessings in your life.
I have many things in my life for which I am thankful and that make me feel blessed. Yet I know that if I were to begin listing them, they have the potential to leave someone without a particular blessing feeling as though they are not blessed because they still have not received that thing with which they desire to be blessed.
For example: I feel blessed to have 2 beautiful daughters (Pocahontas & The Hulk). There may be someone reading this even now who is struggling with infertility or who has passed the age of fertility, that upon reading about the blessing of my daughters, immediately thinks “what is wrong with me that I cannot have a child, or Continue reading
Writing Challenge Day 11 – Something you always think “What if…” about.
I am going to give you a peak inside my twisted little mind and a short visit to The Land of What If…
I’m not going to tell you about how my “what if…” thoughts often include very unhealthy lines of thinking like: “What if so and so says or does such and such?” “What if I never married and just raised my first daughter on my own?” “What if I was rich?” “What if I just punch so and so in the throat?” “What if no one ever reads my blog?” Continue reading
Writing Challenge Day 10 – Write about something for which you feel strongly.
Be An Advocate
Lately I find myself telling people, who come to me for advice about “whatever”, the same thing over and over. Be your own advocate.
Advocate is defined as a person who pleads on someone else’s behalf.
It’s synonyms are words like: champion · upholder · supporter · backer · promoter · spokesperson · campaigner · fighter · crusader. Most everyone wants a person in life that one of these words would describe. Sometimes you need someone to speak for you, and that someone should be YOU!
Use Your Voice
First and foremost, you must learn to speak up for yourself. If you are in the doctor’s office, and you have questions, ASK them. If you have symptoms, SPEAK up. Your doctor does not live with you, in your body, or in your head! You must convey for your own benefit what is going on with you! Continue reading
Writing Challenge Day 9 – Post some words of wisdom that speak to you.
This is the place in which I stand right now. I am looking for what makes my soul happy. It has been easy to deprive myself over the years, while simply living the day in and day out, doing what had to be done. I have outgrown some things and others have outgrown me. My roles have changed. I have changed and the world changed around me. I have lost sight of what makes me happy or maybe I have just forgotten to take the time. I am waking up from this soul starvation and venturing out.
J.R.R. Tolkien said “Not all who wander are lost”. So please excuse my wandering, I am not actually lost. I am simply taking the time to explore for what makes my soul happy. When I find it, I plan to feast until my soul is filled and then feast again and again.
Writing Challenge Day 8 – Share something you struggle with.
I struggle with … me.
That sounds stupid. What kind of person struggles with themselves? This kind of person I suppose, because I am struggling with me. That is the way it feels most of the time. This grand battle ensues in my own mind daily; I want to do something vs. I want to do nothing.
I want a pool…
I have hopes, dreams and visions. I want to travel. I want to have an adventurous life. I want to leave a mark on this world. I want to make a diffence. I want a tattoo. I want to parachute out of a plane. I want to live on an exotic beach. I want to feel alive. I want a pool.
In 20 years…
I struggle with how to do/get/pay for those things. I am not even sure how to define what any of that looks like for me anymore. I severely lack motivation to do anything at all. I seldom believe in myself. I am filled with the fear that I’ll wake up 20 years from now, Continue reading